TRANSFORMING THE LIVES OF MARGINALIZED WORKERS
GoodWeave India’s campaign ‘Transforming the lives of marginalized workers’ aims at getting the informal workers recognized and valued for the contribution they make in the Indian economy. This way, the workers in the informal sector will have a chance at living a dignified life. Through this campaign, these workers will be encouraged and supported by GoodWeave in getting critical assistance in terms of formal financial inclusion, financial and digital literacy, access to social security schemes, awareness on health and safety, and sector-specific hard and soft skills through mobile-based learning programs. This campaign also aims at creating better employment opportunities for these workers.
Together, with your support, this will help reduce the vulnerabilities of informal workers and their family members, and help them live a dignified life with a strong resilience.
- Registration : Register these workers after verification of their contact details
- Identification : Get their identity card like Aadhaar card made if they do not have already
- Financial literacy : Get their bank account opened if they do not have already
- Profiling : Profile their talent / skills
- Soft Skill Training : Provide them soft skill training wherever possible specially financial literacy
- Skill Verification : Recognize their skills on the basis of evaluation criteria set by skill centres and endorsed by the industry. This recognition is verified by a certificate which in turn increases the demand of the workers.
- Employment : Connect them to the industries who value their skills
How Can You Help
- Be a part: Help us strengthen this campaign by joining the network of other businesses needing skilled informal workforce
- Support this campaign on your website and social media channels
- Whenever you need to hire a skilled worker, please remember these marginalized workers
- You may hire any of these marginalized workers who are skilled and documented.
- Use the WorkersJoint database of skilled informal workers available through our network of NGOs and field facilitators in the worker communities. The database will be provided through an App where worker profiles are added after due verification of their contact details and screening of their skills.
- By employing one marginalized worker you contribute towards the formalization of informal sector.
Join us to support the campaign:
supports the campaign
‘Transforming the lives of marginalized workers’
Follow us on
122B, First Floor, IT Tower-1, Wegmans Business Park,
Mobile No. 9870294097
Subscribe to our newsletter