Channelizing Information and Awareness
GoodWeave India has created a communication channel (using phone numbers) to reach out to around 90,000 informal workers directly or through their employers in the supply chains and worker communities in Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan and parts of Kerala and West Bengal. The communication channel is used by GoodWeave staff to provide awareness on hand washing, social distancing, and hygiene-related issues. Also, the GoodWeave team works every day through the channel to link the needy workers with the government’s emergency relief, Public Distribution System (PDS), and other support services offered by NGOs. GoodWeave’s staff have also reached out to GoodWeave licensee exporters and their contractors to help provide food grains and basic essentials to needy workers. In many cases where the workers’ families were facing acute shortage of food and essentials and where linkages did not work immediately, GoodWeave arranged food grains and essentials directly through grocery vendors and / or volunteers.
- 4,498 workers have been assisted by GoodWeave in receiving food grains and essentials.
- 25,016 community members have received personalized phone calls and WhatsApp based awareness on the crisis in general, handwashing, social distancing, etc.
- 2,044 production units, which include sub-contractors, and contractors, have been contacted by phone to provide awareness and collect information about their workers.
- 5,936 subcontractors, contractors, and home-based workers in the supply chains received awareness on hand washing, social distancing, etc.
- 1,622 at-risk children receiving e-learning classes through WhatsApp.
- 400 at-risk children have been connected with the e-learning classes initiated by the government schools using WhatsApp.
Follow us on
122B, First Floor, IT Tower-1, Wegmans Business Park,